Welcome to the Basque Country!
Biarritz, the world famous seaside resort, is located in the Aquitaine Region of France. Right on the Atlantic coast, the town nestles in the cusp of the Bay of Biscay, not far from Spain. What used to be a small whale-fishing community has now become Europe’s surfing capital and a must-see holiday destination, with a host of popular tourist attractions.
Direct Rennes-Biarritz flights are scheduled for this summer 2022, from July 10 to August 28, every Sunday.
Regular flights between Rennes and Biarritz all year round via Lyon or via Marseille with Air France.
Must-see places to visit
- Ocean City: a fun scientific discovery centre dedicated to oceanography, with many interesting exhibitions.
- The Ocean Museum, housed in a magnificent Art déco building. Visitors can see different aquariums and take part in discovery and multimedia workshops.
- The Virgin of the Rock: the symbol of the Town of Biarritz. The view embraces the whole of the Bay of Biscay and the Basque coastline.
- The Chocolate Museum: Only for visitors with a sweet tooth! The museum takes you on a delicious tour of the all the places associated with chocolate.
- The Imperial Chapel: built in 1864, it was listed as a Historic Monument in 1981.
- Biarritz lighthouse: built between 1830 and 1832, it has been a listed Historic Monument since 2009.
Biarritz, the city of sports
Biarritz is known the world over for its two main sports: surfing and rugby. Both these sports have been closely identified with Biarritz for decades and are deeply rooted in the local culture. They are part and parcel of the town’s cultural and historic heritage.
A charming seaside resort
Biarritz has been a seaside resort since the 19th century, thanks to its climate and its long sandy beaches which are ideal for those wanting to get away from it all.
Biarritz, a paradise for gourmet food-lovers
Come and taste Biarritz's seafood specialities, its Basque cake, its pork delicatessen and many other traditional dishes.
Every sunday, from July 10 to August 28.