Direction to the Greek island
Take off to Crete ! Located south of Aegean Sea, it is at the crossroad of Europe, Asia and Africa. Island surprises with its unexpected lanscapes. It is crossed by mountain range, and its coast offer beautifuls beaches of rocks, shingle, or fine sand. The coast is bordered by the Libyan Sea, the Cretan Sea, the Myrto Sea and the Karpathos Sea.
Largest city of Crete, Heraklion is a very lively port city. It offers many activities : archaeological museum, museum of natural history of Crete, Knossos Palace, the fortress...
From Rennes, Heraklion is accessible with a connecting flight in Amsterdam by Air France.
- Climate : mediteranean. Summers are hot and dry, winters are mild and rainy.
- En fonction de ce que vous recherchez, il vous faudra y aller à différentes périodes mais globalement le printemps et le début de l’automne sont les périodes les plus agréables.
- Time difference with France : +1 hour
- Currency : Euro
- Travel document requirements : alid passport or national identity card
- Tourist Information : www.decouvrirlacrete.com