A Milan getaway
If you love fashion, luxury and design, you will love Milan. Milan is the second largest city in Italy in terms of population, and the economic hub of Italy. Dynamic and modern, Milan is THE major Italian metropolis.
Departing from Rennes, you can fly to Milan all year round via Lyon with HOP!, via Paris with Air France or via Barcelona with Vueling.
- Climate : Milan has a damp, subtropical climate. Summers are hot and damp, and winters are cold with snow at times.
- Time difference with France : None
- Currency : Euros
- Official languages : Italian
- Travel document requirements : Passport or valid national identity card
- Tourist Information : www.italia.it/fr
Milan: the fashion and design capital
Milan is a bustling metropolis where creativity runs riot, where style is ingrained at birth and where the aperitivo is a veritable way of life
In terms of heritage, Milan is home to unexpected treasures that few tourists ever visit, unlike in other Italian cities.
The city is not known for its beauty, but it has plenty of character to make up for it.
Must-see sites in Milan:
- the cathedral, "il Duomo"
- the Teatro della Scala, the most prestigious opera house in the world
- the Brera Art Gallery and its fine collection of paintings, including the masterpieces Lamentation of Christ by Mantegna, Supper at Emmaüs by Caravage and The Wedding of the Virgin by Raphaël.
- the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, the other major gallery in Milan.
- the fresco of The Last Supper, one of Leonardo da Vinci’s most famous works, in the old Dominican cloister of Santa Maria delle Grazie
- the Piazza Mercanti, or "Merchants’ Square", the last vestige of the ancient medieval town of Milan
- Castello Sforzesco: a gigantic fortress dating back to the time of the Duchy of Milan, now a leading cultural venue.