SEARD, the company that operates Rennes and Dinard airports, is actively pursuing an ambitious environmental management policy. This initiative has been driven by the commitment from its shareholders (particularly the Vinci group which has signed up to the UN's Global Compact) and the proactive policy of its concession grantor, the Brittany regional authority, with regards to preserving the natural environment.
Environmentally Responsible Action
Rennes Bretagne Airport incorporates environmental issues into all of its activities, and has initiated a process of continuous improvement in order to reduce its impact on the environment.
- 100% of rainwater treated
- 16.4% less water consumption per passenger
- 46.7% less energy consumption per passenger
- 100% of waste sorted
- 99.9% of green spaces not treated with pesticides
Figures of year 2016. Reference year 2006.
ISO 14001 Certification
Rennes Bretagne Airport has ISO 14001 certification and endeavours, on a daily basis, to control its impact on the natural environment.
Concern for the environment informs all of SEARD's operational and developmental activities.
Seven priorities define the environmental policy applied at Rennes and Dinard Airports:
- complying with environmental protection regulations,
- push forward the feedback and analysis of significant events,
- promote the animation and the communication of our environment policy to our employees and our subcontractors,
- preserving biodiversity and the aquatic environments,
- controlling the consumption of natural resources such as water and energy,
- reducing pollution and managing waste correctly,
- encourage dialogue and develop dialogue with relevant stakeholders.
Since 2015, December 3rd, Rennes Airport is accredited Level 1 " Cartographie " by Airport Carbon Accreditation program.
Rennes Airport participates in the joint signage about the end of products life.