Willkommen in Deutschland!
Berlin, Germany’s capital city, is a dynamic, forward-looking metropolis. Located in the north-east of the country, the city boasts a rich architectural and cultural heritage, with many history-laden buildings. Urban art is flourishing, with a host of talented artists.
Regular flights between Rennes and Berlin
You can fly to Berlin all year round via Paris-CDG with Air France.
Must-see places to visit
Berlin is the ideal destination for anyone interested in a rich and diverse historical heritage. The main attractions include:
- The Berlin Wall, pulled down in 1989 but with sections remaining and many memorials, including the famous border crossing between East and West: CheckPoint Charlie.
- The Brandenburg Gate, a neoclassical monument inspired by Athens which used to be the symbol of the split between East and West Germany, is now beautifully lit up at night.
- The Reichstag Palace: This 19th century Palace is now home to the German Parliament: the Bundestag.
- The Pergamon Museum: The museum houses collections of antiques as well as the Museum of the Near-East and the Museum of Islamic Art.
- Museum Island: This island on the River Spree is home to many famous museums, including:
- The Pergamon Museum, the Bode Museum, the Altes Museum….